Jurisdictional Issues

Jurisdictional Issues

Posted By Robert Kovacs || 24-Jun-2014

Jurisdictional Issues

Many people no longer reside in the state they were married in leaving them wondering where they can file. At the Law Office of Robert W. Kovacs, Jr., we can help you with these inquiries. If you file in the wrong court, you could be wasting your time and this will also result in your case being dismissed.

There are two ways that you can file for divorce in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts:

  1. You or your spouse currently resides in Massachusetts and the grounds for divorce occurred in Massachusetts.


  1. The grounds for divorce occurred in another state but one of the parties has been residing in Massachusetts for at least 1 year.

When you get past your state requirements, you must then file in the county where the spouse resides. Our firm represents individuals in Worcester County and across the Commonwealth.

Speak to Attorney Nick Carbone today to get started on filing!

Categories: Divorce

Talk to Our Family Law Firm Today

Let Us Help You & Your Loved Ones

Send My Information
The American Society of Legal Advocates
Click for the BBB Business Review of this Attorneys & Lawyers in Worcester MA