Family Law Attorneys

My Ex Will Not Let Me See Our Child. What Can I Do?

Although many divorce proceedings go ahead uncontested, with both parties coming to an amicable agreement as to the division of assets, spousal support, child custody & support, and other key issues, not all divorces are as easily resolved. In fact, especially in cases where there are children from the marriage, divorce proceedings may require mediation or even a trial in order for the court to be able to issue a final divorce decree. One of the most common disagreements to arise both in a divorce case and after the court order is the custody and support of the child(ren).

One such example is a case in which one parent has been granted visitation rights or shared custody by the court, but all of a sudden your ex decides he/she will not let you see your child? What can you do? The first action to take is to contact a skilled divorce attorney at the Law Office of Robert W. Kovacs, Jr. so that we can review your divorce agreements and advise you of your rights. Following that, our attorneys could help you determine how best to proceed in order to protect your rights and those of your child(ren). Should you want to know what legal options are available to you, or you need legal advice as to how to get your custody agreement amended, or you want us to immediately file for a court order enforcement of your custody arrangement, or you need aggressive representation during a custody hearing, we are here to help.

For years our firm has been helping clients in Worcester and throughout the surrounding areas to resolve all their divorce and child custody-related legal issues. We are intimately familiar with the complications and difficulties that can arise with custody and other divorce agreements. Thankfully, due to our experience and success record, we know what is needed to help you defend your rights and protect your child(ren)'s best interests.

If you are having any difficulty with the enforcement of child custody or visitation rights, contact our firm and speak with a Worcester divorce lawyer today.