Truck Accident Lawyer in Worcester
Representation from a Personal Injury Attorney
Everyone who chooses to get behind the wheel must adhere to the rules of the road and share it with other motorists. Commercial truck drivers are held to even higher standards, including both federal and state regulations, as they can pose a serious risk to other drivers. When a semi-truck is driven in a negligent manner, the results can be catastrophic.
If you have been injured by a negligent truck driver, you will need representation from a skilled Worcester personal injury attorney at Kovacs Law, P.C. We have helped hundreds of people and we are dedicated to achieving satisfactory outcomes on behalf of our clients. We proudly represent injured victims in a wide range of personal injury cases, including truck accident claims. We can actively pursue compensation on your behalf so that you can get back to living life normally once again.
Top Causes of Truck Accidents
Even with structured regulations in place to ensure commercial truckers are driving responsibly, accidents can and do happen for any number of reasons. If you have been in a collision with a semi-truck, you should be aware of common causes of negligence that lead to accidents, such as:
- Exhaustion: Commercial truck drivers are not permitted to drive more than 11 hours in one day, but this does not stop their employers from scheduling them for more than that. It is only natural for them to become tired and drowsy, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Trailer weight: 80,000 pounds is the maximum a truck can weigh with all parts and shipment included. If a trailer is overloaded – or if the load within is not organized properly – the entire tractor trailer can become even more difficult to control.
- Speeding: It is all-too-common for truckers to drive faster than posted speed limits in order to try to shorten their lengthy workdays. Something of that weight traveling at such high speeds requires more room than most roadways will allow to stop safely, leading to accidents.
- Tailgating: The visual field of a truck driver can be considerably less than that of other motorists. They might not be able to see small vehicles directly in front of their trailer, endangering them both in the event of a sudden stop.
Kovacs Law, P.C. Can Help You!
Our Worcester truck accident attorney fights for our clients from start to finish and we take our clients' matters to heart with genuine professionalism and care. Under most circumstances, a seasoned trial attorney from our team can investigate the exact cause of a collision involving a semi-truck.
We are adept at obtaining evidence to support your truck accident claim, including:
- Forensic evidence
- Accident reconstruction scenarios
- Witness and police statements
- Driver logbooks
- Maintenance records
If you have been harmed by a negligent truck driver, you shouldn't have to sacrifice your quality of life because of the trucker's reckless behavior. We invest every ounce of effort, time, and energy into your case so that if your matters go to trial, we can stand firm against the pressures of insurance companies. Contact us today and schedule a consultation with a legal team that works efficiently to achieve swift resolutions.