Family Law Attorneys
Modifications to Court Orders Have a Question? Call Us: 508-926-8833

Worcester Modifications Lawyer

Modifying Your Court Orders in Worcester - (508) 926-8833

After a divorce, the last thing you want to do is have to change the agreement you were finally able to make with your ex-spouse. Sometimes circumstances require that modifications be made to your child support or child custody arrangements. Though it may feel like a daunting task, you do not have to start your negotiations all over again. A Worcester divorce modifications lawyer will be able to make the process efficient and will take care of all the necessary paperwork for you, relieving you of stress. To qualify for a court order modification, a person must show that there has been a substantial change in their circumstances that requires an immediate adjustment. If you have a new job or if you have recently become unemployed, it is essential that you file for your modification as soon as possible. Until you do, you will still be required to make your support payments as they stand.

Why Choose Our Modifications Attorney?

  • Over a decade of trusted legal experience
  • Top-rated by peers and clients alike (9.9 Superb Avvo Rating)
  • Proven, client-focused advocacy
  • Hundreds of clients helped

Kovacs Law, P.C. is here for you during this time of transition in your life. We are a small firm that makes the needs of our clients a top priority. Family law requires sensitivity, an ability to listen and being available to every client. Our firm has helped hundreds of families resolve their issues following a divorce.

You deserve individual attention from your attorney, and we are here to provide it. Email us or call (508) 926-8833 today!

Reasons for Filing a Modification

You may be wondering what constitutes a "substantial change in circumstances." These are some examples of common reasons a person may file for a court order modification:

  • A former spouse is earning much more than when you first divorced
  • Your children have outgrown the original parenting plan
  • Your marital home has been sold
  • One party has a serious health issue
  • A change in employment status (being unemployed or underemployed)
  • One party is moving
  • Your former spouse is not reporting as much money as they are making

If you are facing any of these issues, speak to our firm to get started on your request for a court order modification.

Related Reading

Contact a Worcester divorce attorney today if you need to modify your court orders.

Contact Us

We're With You Every Step of the Way
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
By clicking SUBMIT you consent to receiving SMS messages. Messages and Data rates may apply. Message frequency will vary. Reply Help to get more assistance. Reply Stop to Opt-out of messaging No mobile information will be shared with third parties/affiliates for marketing/promotional purposes. All the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties